WHO WE ARE
Our team’s collaboration creates one of the most culturally and professionally rich pools of consultants, facilitators and mediators in the Midwest. We are drawn to work together to work with groups who want to build their internal capacity and make transformative, sustainable changes. Our specialty is to help groups engage in dialogue across worldviews, build consensus for a path forward, and manage agreements.
Our Principles for Working with Clients:
- Consultative Partnerships
- Participant Agreed Upon Outcomes
- Tailored Interventions
- All Perspectives Reflected
- Collaborative Process Design
WHY WE WORK TOGETHER
Many organizations are experiencing a need for radical change. Organizations need to respond to racial inequity, connect while social distancing, plan during an economic downturn, adapt leadership, and find sustainable solutions. The impacts of disruption and radical change can easily lead to conflict, reluctance, fear and to simply feeling overwhelmed – all of which can challenge an organization’s ability to move forward in a unified way.
We know that this is hard yet necessary work. Our diverse team helps build comfort that all voices will be solicited, honored and understood. When inevitable challenges arise, we have the technical expertise on our team to help organizations face them with resourcefulness. Our team has experience in:
- Nonprofit management and boards
- Public Policy
- Government administration
- Corporate consulting
- Conflict Resolution
- Risk Management
- Organization Development
- Environmental and other regulatory processes
WHAT WE DO
We work with organizations to understand and evaluate their present systems for their delivery of services and constructively evolve. Our EVOLVE model takes organizations through a proven sequence of assessing and understanding the current situation, defining desired outcomes, sharing information, gaining support through dialogue, and developing integrative solutions.
Our assessments provide specific suggestions for moving forward to address difficult issues. An assessment explains the roots of conflict, understands the various perspectives through deep listening, validates the issues to be addressed, and determines whether there is a reasonable possibility of designing a process to manage conflict, build understanding and resolve disputes.
Process Design & Facilitation
We work with leaders who want to learn and integrate the wisdom of others through authentic engagement. Team members design and facilitate tailored processes that inform decision making.
- Facilitating mindful strategic planning
- Facilitating public input processes for contentious public issues
- Moderating community advisory groups
- Supporting community engagement efforts
- Facilitating stakeholder negotiations
- Designing conflict response and management systems
Mediation: Mediation is more formal than facilitation. Mediators are impartial third parties who facilitate conversations or decision-making processes. Mediation Center team members specialize in mediating organizational issues where maintaining relationships and working across worldview differences are important to the participants.
Education: We help individuals become more aware of their own (and others’) biases that their experiences have reinforced, how they interact with power structures, authority, minority perspectives, economic influences, and realities that are foreign to them.
- Navigating Cultural/Worldview Conflicts: Responding to Bias, Stereotyping and Prejudice
- Strategic Negotiation & Problem-Solving Skills: Working Through Issues When Working Together
- Beyond the Handshake – Building Relationships for the Future
- Mediation Skills