Parenting Consulting Training – September 20-22
with Andrea Niemi, JD and Karen Irvin, PhD, LMFT
September 20, 21, & 22, 2017
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Early Registration (through Aug. 20): $795.00
Location: Suite 105 (1st Floor Training Room)
330 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
18 standard CLE credits applied for
Rule 114 Certified Training
This is a three day, twenty hour training program for parenting consulting. Parenting Consulting is a child-focused Alternative Dispute Resolution Process that assists high-conflict parents with resolving disputes regarding parenting issues. The training will provide a practical overview of the knowledge, skills and procedures essential to become a Parenting Consultant (PC). The training is based on the training requirements outlined by Rule the Association of Family & Conciliation Courts (AFCC) and adapted to Minnesota practice. Experienced trainers and ADR practitioners Andrea Niemi and Karen Irvin will cover:
- managing the parenting consulting process,
- family dynamics in separation and divorce,
- developmental needs of children,
- addressing domestic abuse in the PC process,
- fee agreements and billing,
- standards and best practices,
- statutes and rules, including the Rule 114 Code of Ethics,
- parenting consulting techniques and issues,
- drafting summaries and decisions, and
- avoiding and handling complaints.
Prerequisite: 40-Hour Family Mediation Training, 5 years of experience working with high conflict couples in the area of family law, and recognition as a qualified practitioner in your field.
Click Here for a printable registration form if you would prefer to mail in a check. Otherwise, use the links below.