Parenting Consulting Training
with Andrea Niemi, JD and Karen Irvin, PhD, LMFT
Dates: November 6, 7 & 8, 2019
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
Early Registration (through Oct. 8): $895.00
Location: Mediation Center Classroom - Suite 180
7400 Lyndale Ave. S.
Richfield, MN 55423
16 standard & 2 ethics CLEs/ 18 Rule 114 CEs to be applied for
Parenting Consulting is a child-focused Alternative Dispute Resolution Process that assists high-conflict parents with resolving disputes regarding parenting issues. This three day training will provide a practical overview of the knowledge, skills and procedures essential to become a Parenting Consultant (PC). The training is based on the training requirements outlined by Rule the Association of Family & Conciliation Courts (AFCC) and adapted to Minnesota practice. Experienced trainers and ADR practitioners Andrea Niemi and Karen Irvin will cover:
- managing the parenting consulting process,
- family dynamics in separation and divorce,
- developmental needs of children,
- addressing domestic abuse in the PC process,
- fee agreements and billing,
- standards and best practices,
- statutes and rules, including the Rule 114 Code of Ethics,
- parenting consulting techniques and issues,
- drafting summaries and decisions, and
- avoiding and handling complaints.
Prerequisite: 40-Hour Family Mediation Training, 5 years of experience working with high conflict couples in the area of family law, and recognition as a qualified practitioner in your field.
Please email email@example.com for a printable registration form if you prefer to mail in a check. Otherwise, use the links below.
Parenting Time Expediting Training and Parenting Consulting Training - November 5-8 (through Oct. 8): $1,275.00
*Please note, the combined PTE and PC training includes one day of overlap. If you would like to learn more about Parenting Expediting Training, click here.