6-Hour Civil Arbitration Training - June 8 in Okoboji, Iowa
with Mike Pitton, JD
June 8, 2018
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Early Registration (through May 1): $315.00
Location: The Waterfront
610 Linden Dr.
Arnolds Park, IA 51331
6 IA & MN CLE credits to be applied for
6 MN Rule 114 credits to be applied for
Minnesota's Mediation Center and the American Academy of ADR Attorneys are working together to offer 6-Hour Civil Arbitration Training Session with Michael Pitton, JD, an experienced attorney, adjunct law professor and ADR professional. This training will include an in-depth explanation and discussion of the Arbitration process (both binding and non-binding) from the initial appointment of an arbitrator to the issuance of an Arbitration Award. It is designed to benefit attorneys, arbitrators and mediators in their arbitration related practice, and will also satisfy the course requirements to gain eligibility for the Minnesota Rule 114 Adjudicative Neutral Rosters. The session will include the following topics:
- Pre-hearing processes and communications involving parties and the neutral;
- Comparison of roles as an adjudicative neutral versus a facilitative neutral;
- Hearing procedures including evidence, presentation of the case, witnesses, exhibits, objectives, awards and dismissals;
- Applicable rules, statutes and practices governing arbitrations;
- Settlement techniques as well as management of presentations during early neutral evaluation procedures and moderated settlement conferences;
- Requirements for issuing an award; and
- Ethical considerations and standards of conduct for arbitrators.
The training also includes standards of conduct for arbitrators and ethical considerations that arise throughout the process. To learn more about trainer Mike Pitton, please click here.
*For more information on 30-Hour Civil Mediation Training in Okoboji, Iowa, please click here.